Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's with young people and white hair?

Have you noticed the increasing number of young people especially guys (because they generally don't dye their hair) with white hair? I am talking even as young as 15 y/o and say a count of 10 strands of white hair and over.



Why do you think this is? Is it the food, the stress, the toxicity of vitamin tablets, medicine, what is the cause of it? I would be interested to see your response



What's with young people and white hair?

Hmmm never noticed



What's with young people and white hair?

I was always told that white hair means wisdom.



Old wives tale!



`



What's with young people and white hair?

Cause they're too stupid to do their own thing instead of follow the herd. Gerard Way died his hair white, so everybody thinks it's cool now.



What's with young people and white hair?

I haven't noticed; but then, I'm not in a school environment to see a lot of teenagers. Premature graying is genetic. I have two cousins who were bald by the time they reached their early 30s! So, maybe you live in a region where the genes for premature graying just happen to be clustered? That would be an interesting topic to research.



What's with young people and white hair?

Yes



And BARBER told me this fact



People with WHITE HAIR don't go bald



GRAY and COLORED HAIR can go bald



What's with young people and white hair?

um.. it's just those things that help keep your hair that color. People with black hair ( like me.. my avatar is just like that ) generally have more of that stuff iforgotthename. People with blond hair have less and people with white hair have very little or none of those things.



What's with young people and white hair?

You mean with blond streaks? This has gone on since I was a kid in high school(out know for25 years). What really amazes me about this generation of kids are the ones who are putting large holes in their earlobes, or pierce their faces.To me they way they mutilate themselves is disgusting



What's with young people and white hair?

I would say it's a number of factors. but stress is probably the most significant factor. indeed, young people have to face a lot of stress in the world today!! a lot more than their parents and grandparents would have had to face back in their youthful days.



~PhoeniX~



What's with young people and white hair?

It is interesting that we turn white at the "Temple" first huh?



What's with young people and white hair?

I'm not too sure if it's really increasing or that it's being noticed more. Due to increased mobility, we see many more people in our lifetime than our parents did. Many folks that are my parents' age (70's) have never left the state they were born in. Today's young people interact with many more people giving them the chance to notice these things.



My mother started going gray when she was 17 but few people noticed because by that time she was a married housewife who stayed home a lot. That was in the mid-50's when a much, much smaller number of women entered the workforce and many men went into the workforce/service instead of going to college. They also didn't have all of the media devices that we have today to communicate.



So maybe it's always been there but it simply hasn't been noticed. I only know about 20 males of college age and none have any gray hair. Perhaps it's a regional thing?



What's with young people and white hair?

i myself have 2 patches of pure white hair, its totally natural, dadgum if i know the reason why though

No comments:

Post a Comment