Sunday, July 26, 2009

Black/White Hair?

My husband and I have custody (hoping to adopt) of a little 2 1/2 year old girl who is black and white (50/50). I'm very white (Scandinavian) with white baby fine hair. I have never had to do hair on a black person. I absolutely lover her hair because it's like a whole bunch of ringlets all over her head (if you take one and stretch it out it doings back).



Anyways, my question is, how do I take care of it. I have been told to not wash it everyday and to use lots of conditioner. So far I have found the Nexxus is the best.



I'm wondering if someone could tell me how to take care of her hair . . washing (how often, what kind) conditioning, combing/picking etc. She doesn't have white hair and she doesn't have black hair, it's just different. My best example would be the cute black/white kid from High School Musical, how his hair is ringlets all over the place but she doesn't have quite as much has as him.



Black/White Hair?

Yes don't wash her hair every day (wash it like every 4-5 days), washing it every day will strip the oils out of her hair. Unlike whites, blacks/mixed people's hair doesn't have as much oil build-up.



Use a soft brush to style her hair, when it's wet (this is easier). And use Pink moisturizer (it's very gentle and it conditions curly hair)



http://www.lusterproducts.com/products/P...



Deep condition her hair at least once a month; this means leaving the conditioner in her hair for about 10 minutes or so, after you wash it.



Just take care of it and she'll be fine. I'm mixed and have curly hair, that's how I know this.



Black/White Hair?

1st - don't be too bashful to approach women on the street that you see have the same hair type as your daughters. Ask them what they use.



2nd - Most beauty supply store have an "ethnic" section where you can find moisturizers, conditioners and gel.



My daughter is 50/50 also and if i don't blow out her hair and leave it curly, I usually put some mousse in it (Finesse) and a little bit of gel in the front (Ampro protien gel - it's in a black jar). I use all sorts of conditioners and moisturizers. Keeping her hair moisturized is very important. Why don't you try bringing her to a Black or Latino salon (which is where I take my daughter)? They usually sell products that are specifially for ethinic hair

No comments:

Post a Comment